I saw your web-page about a month ago, and I decided to post you some pics
about my KIT guitar. I hope you will like it and put it up to
guitarattack.com. (Sorry for the low quality of the first two pics.) It is
not a Saga guitar but an AXL kit which is about the same price and quality I
This is the only DIY-KIT that is on the market here in Hungary. On the
first pic you can see that I have sanded down the sealer from the top. This
was needed because I wanted to dye it with green dye.
After dying the top I have applied the matte black paint using the "poor
boys sunburst" technique which I learned from one of the guitar-builder
I have left it to dry for a day then I have applied about 4 coats of clear
nitro lacquer. I have waited 1 day between each coat and let it dry for two
weeks before final polishing.
The polishing process: sanded with wet 800 paper then with wet 2000
sandpaper and after it I used a polishing machine with polishing paste.
Meanwhile I have shaped the head using a saw and a file. Printed some
labels for the head with an ink jet printer and some tattoo foil. After
applying the labels I have clear coated the head with nitro, but the
nitro-lacquer solved the foil, so I had to remove them and after relabeling
the head I have lacquered it with a coat of acrylic lacquer.
The original machine heads were very low quality so I have replaced them
with a set of Dixon machine heads. Here is the final result:
I am planning to replace the neck and bridge pickups
for some Shadow Twinbuckers (single sized hubuckers). And if you
ask why it is called "Neoncaster": My nick on some forums is Neonknight
after my favorite Black Sabbath song.