From Mark Robinson

Hey John-

Just thought I'd share a few photos of my latest Saga, a "P" Style bass. My church band is called The Field Hands so this bass "brand" is a Fieldhand. I've sent one full pic if you want it for the web site and then there are others of the details just for your interest.

Here's a brief synopsis. I used the basic Saga body and neck. Cut the headstock with a hack saw and then filed and  sanded it. Used a work bench tool to hold my hand drill and carefully drilled the holes for a string-thru bridge. I also drilled a hole for the input in the edge of the body so there'd be no input jack on the pick guard. I ordered a pearloid pick guard from Warmoth with holes just for volume and tone pots. Got a heavy-duty bridge and a set of Kent Armstrong pick-ups from WD Music. I replaced the volume pot with a 500K pot and the tone pot now has a .047 capacitor. The Kent Armstrong pick-ups are great and with just a tweak of the tone knob, I can go from a nice mid-range smoothness to a classic growl. I lined the pick-up and control cavities with copper tape and it's extremely quiet.

I didn't go the nitro route on this one, but instead got a couple of cans of Duplicolor auto spray that is easy to apply and dries quickly. Clear-coat on top of that. A little light sanding and hand-polishing and that was it.

I'm glad to see such a variety of submissions from Saga builders. I've met Dave Slusser via email and we talk weekly.

Thanks for the site and I hope you enjoy the pics.

Happy Holidays,



Great job, Mark -- Keep up the great work!

Back to Top


Builder's Gallery Repair Techniques Our Original Music Guitar Forum
The "Saga Sagas" Links

Play Guitar

Opinion Page
  Guitar Collection

Listen on Reverbnation

Interesting Guitars


Contact GUITARATTACK GuitarAttack Store KGS Store   HOME