Note from GuitarAttack: This is a pretty standard LP Build, but we
really liked the color and some of the touches. We are seeing more and
more of these guitars with lots of upgraded parts. Good work!
I just finished my first Saga LP build.
I found the kits online, ordered one and put it together, I really didn't
have a plan or idea for paint and just kind of winged it.
The build went very well, for the most part. I also had the veneer crack by
the bridge pin holes while I was wet sanding, so be careful while wet
I also upgraded a few things:
1) Sperzal Locking Tuners.
2) Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded Humbucker Set.
3) 2 Push/pull tone pots to split the coils.
4) 4 coats of primer.
5) 2 coats white.
6) 4 coats Metallic Red (looks pink/purplish) I used a Lacquer based Red
Metal Flake Special Effect Finish from Plasti-Kote that I picked up in the
automotive section at a local hardware store.
7) about 10 coats of gloss clear......
I am already planning on my next build, with a better plan for paint and
just ordered my son his first kit.